Moderator: Thread moved to the Spanish area.
Please find the response below.
· Skyline collector has a database if so what is its size ?.
#The Skyline Collector do not have any internal database it only transfer the data thought API to VMware Analytical Cloud.
· What is the size of the logs that Skyline collector collects?
#Log collection size depends on, How big customer environment is and how frequently changes been done.
· How long do you keep the Skyline collector logs?
#We do have 13 months retention policy. Ref: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/55928
· Can more than one site (vcenter) be added to a Skyline collector?
#It's recommended to have different collector or each geographical site. If you have vCenter in same site, you can add multiple vCetner to same collector.
· Skyline collector can affect the performance of a vcenter, when collecting data from it?
#Skyline collector will not have any performance impact on vCenter.
· Does Skyline collector have any high availability component or what measures are taken in case this fails?
#The Skyline Collector does not have any built-in HA components. We recommend customers utilize vSphere HA to recover the Skyline Collector, if the ESXi host that the Collector virtual appliance is running on fails.
· Can you install any software to Skyline collector, such as antivirus or analyze the information it obtains, for security reasons?
#The Skyline Collector is hardened as-part of our release process, therefore, we do not support the installation of any 3rd-party software. Additionally, the capability does not exist today for a customer to analyze the product usage data collected by the Skyline Collector.
Note: Response using google translator