VMware Cloud Community
fborges555
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Move from vmnic to another

HI all

I have an esxi host with two adapter, all traffic goes through vmnic0 , while vmnic1 is on standby, what are the step by step , I need to follow to change all traffic from vmnic0 to vmnic1 , so I can use vmnic0 only for management.

Thanks a bunch for any help

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

It depends on what all services you have also using vmnic1. Generally, you would create additional port groups or switches that specify vmnic1 as the active uplink and preferably using vmnic0 as the standby. Those services would then use that switch for connectivity. If you have specific questions you'll have to be specific about what you have and how it's configured. Screenshots help immensely.

0 Kudos
fborges555
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

D

I have all traffic on VMNIC0 and VMnic1 as a standby (there are no traffic on vmnic1) I need to switch them two

I need vmnic1 to be the traffic handler (port groups) and vmnic0 only for management

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Then, like I said, either create a new switch and use only vmnic1 as the active uplink, or use the existing switch and override the preferred vmnic utilization at the port group level.

0 Kudos