VMware Horizon Community
heloma
Contributor
Contributor

VDI via UAG with zero client and pre-login message

I'm having aN issue, when I enable the pre-login message via the connection server, should I login via the UAG from a PCoIP Device, it never forwards to the connection server to display the pre-login message (using a PCoIP device only).  It just loops me back to enter the RSA login.  If I login directly to the Connection Server with the same zero client, I see the Pre-login Message just fine.

My desired sequence:

• Access VDI via the UAG using PCoIP Device
  • Get RSA prompt, authenticate
  • See Pre-login Message fed from Connection Server
  • Get Username / Password prompt
  • Login successful

My current sequence:

• Access VDI via the UAG using PCoIP Device
  • Get RSA prompt, authenticate
  • Get RSA prompt, authenticate (loop)

My desired sequence works via the UAG using the Horizon Client and HTML Access.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mteofrio
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What type of device are you using as an endpoint? From my understanding, if you're using a Tera2 platform (HP products and others) than your desired sequence isn't supported. UAG, MFA, and View Disclaimer are not all supported at the same time in the Tera2 module. One would have to go according to their release notes. Their workaround isn't really a workaround...

Release Notes - PCoIP Zero Client Firmware 6.2 Administrators Guide

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What is your UAG version?

You can try configure Unified Access Gateway for pass-through authentication and configure RADIUS on the Connection Server

Does it happen only through that particular PCoIP device?

Are you able to reproduce the issue via normal windows horizon client over pcoip protocol? It will let you isolate the problem.

0 Kudos
surajr04
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If we disable the banner on the connection server and allow the users to connect from external network via UAG, does it still stuck on loop.

If YES, then it is not related to banner. You may also need to check the session persistence on Load Balancer infront of UAG if any.

0 Kudos