VMware Horizon Community
zhornsby222
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Horizon DEM NoAD wont build profile

im running into an issue with DEM configured in NoAD mode. I followed VMware build guides with config share and profile share, permissions are correct and i can browse from the desktops to the profile share and can create folders and files.

i installed the NoAD.xml file in the uemconfig\general\flexrepository\NoAD location with the following lines

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”utf-8″?>

<userEnvironmentSettings>

<setting type=”noAD”

ProfileArchivePath=”\\hometftp01\UEMProfile$\%username%\Archives”

LogFileName=”\\hometftp01\UEMProfile$\%username%\Logs\FlexEngine.log”

BackupPath=”\\hometftp01\UEMProfile$\%username%\Backups”

BackupDaily=”1″

LogLevel=”1″

ConfigPathMissingAction=”0″

ArchivePathMissingAction=”1″

AppBlockingEventLog=”1″

EventLog=”1″

EventLogAsync=”1″

EventLogDirectFlexRefresh=”1″

EventLogUEMRefresh=”1″

DirectFlexNotification=”1″

SelfSupportDisallowed=”1″

/>

</userEnvironmentSettings>

i installed dem with the following msi: msiexec /i “VMware Dynamic Environment Manager 9.10 x64.msi” /qn LICENSEFILE=”VMware-DEM-9.10.0-GA.lic” /l* c:\work\Installuem.log NOADCONFIGFILEPATH=\\hometftp01\UEMConfig$\general

unfortunately since there is not profile being created, im unable to find logs to begin troubleshoot this issue.

any assistance is much appreciated

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The syntax looks correct, check your permissions on the file share and make sure they are correct. The following like provides what looks correct to me at the moment.

https://thevirtualhorizon.com/2018/06/15/getting-started-with-uem-part-2-laying-the-foundation-file-...

The important part is making sure anyone has permissions to create a folder, then give the creater owner full permissions.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The syntax looks correct, check your permissions on the file share and make sure they are correct. The following like provides what looks correct to me at the moment.

https://thevirtualhorizon.com/2018/06/15/getting-started-with-uem-part-2-laying-the-foundation-file-...

The important part is making sure anyone has permissions to create a folder, then give the creater owner full permissions.

zhornsby222
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

For testing purposes my shares are configured for everyone to have full control

0 Kudos
zhornsby222
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

However in event viewer i do see an error labeled "Invalid configuration: Archive argument is missing" with the source of immidio flex+

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi

As per XML file you provided, I see opening&closing quotes are different across many rows:

Can you please correct it and try again?

pastedImage_0.png

zhornsby222
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The quotes were corrected on the actual xml that was tested. I did see the community post that referenced this exact issue and i corrected the issue.

i was able to get everything operational by completely rebuilding my dfs shares. i originally had the shares configured for everyone to have full control but a rebuild and reconfigure resolved the issue.

Thank you everyone who helped

0 Kudos