VMware Horizon Community
cndt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Exception 0xc0000005 (access violation) has occurred when starting VM

Hi, I have installed VMware Horizon and used it last night. I was able to connect to the server and work on it. But this morning, it has stopped working with that error. I am attaching the error image and the log that its pointing to. Can someone please help with this? Thank you.

vmware H issue.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Can you please try with client 5.4.0 and 5.2.0?

Looks like remotemks service is crashing,we need to review dump file. Please submit a SR with VMware.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Is that Horizon View running in a Workstation VM? (in other words, is that error generated by Workstation or Horizon?)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
cndt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It is VMware Horizon Client and I am getting the error when I am trying to connect to the server.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

So what has this got to do with Workstation Pro? (the forum area you posted into)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
cndt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thought I opened it in the right place, this being Horizon thread. If not, could you please point me to the right thread? Thank you for being patient.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Thread has been moved to the Horizon area.

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Per error, MKS service is crashing. What is the version of horizon client?

Did you try with latest horizon client 5.4.2?

0 Kudos
cndt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Its VMware horizon Client 5.4.2.11170

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Can you please try with client 5.4.0 and 5.2.0?

Looks like remotemks service is crashing,we need to review dump file. Please submit a SR with VMware.

cndt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have downgraded it to 5.4.0 and its working fine up till now. Thank you.

0 Kudos
smccrary
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm having a similar issue but don't think its the video driver. I have Workstation 15.5 with Windows 11 on a Surface Pro 8. I have disabled Hyper-V but no luck.  I have attached my log file.

Thanks

0 Kudos
SawanKumar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i have the similar issue and VMware horizon client crashes after 15-20 minutes. 

0 Kudos
techman25
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Had the same issue. Found this KB regarding Intel Graphics

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/89950

0 Kudos
SimbaLiu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution