VMware Cloud Community
Paul_SI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to rollout vRA trough LCM (LCMVRAVACONFIG590003)

Hi,

I'm building a lab environment of vRA but the installation of vRA won't succeed. I keep getting the error below:

++ vracli ceip status --raw

++ awk '{print tolower($0)}'

+ ENABLE_TELEMETRY=false

+ kubectl -n prelude create configmap telemetry-config --from-literal=collectorIdSvc=vcac.8_0 --from-literal=endpointEnv=production

Error from server (Forbidden): configmaps "telemetry-config" is forbidden: unable to create new content in namespace prelude because it is being terminated

I've already applied the fixes sugessted in:

Error Deploy vra 8.0.1 in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager Refers to KB76053 and KB76870

Is there anything else I can try?

14 Replies
one_topsy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Did you find a fix? I'm having the same issue and tried all the suggestions in the kb's as well

------ VCP6-DCV | Aspiring VMWare expert
0 Kudos
one_topsy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The fix in KB76870  finally worked for me. I had to copy and paste the "sed ....." apparently i was making typos

------ VCP6-DCV | Aspiring VMWare expert
0 Kudos
MostafaElSayedF
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This is the problem in your log file

/var/log/deploy.log

ERROR: Unable to configure database.

Error from server (BadRequest): container "terraform-service-app" in pod "terraform-service-app-7bd9799674-gnz49" is waiting to start: PodInitializing

Failed to execute helm upstall command. Will retry in 10 seconds...

Error from server (BadRequest): container "vco-server-app" in pod "vco-app-6f895c7799-cq48x" is waiting to start: PodInitializing

Failed to execute helm upstall command. Will retry in 10 seconds...

This is well know issue in the installation.  you should first check the log for "/var/log/deploy.log" to identify exactly what is the error if you found that the error

[ Error: Unable to configure database. vco-server-app is waiting to start]  and this due to the vco-server-app trying to start but failed due to the builtin password expired .

you can run "kubectl get pods -n prelude" to check this service.

SO the resolution in this link VMware Knowledge Base

I hope this answer your question and i hope that this become answer or helpful comment for you. also, for More details and more information just follow my blog https://www.syncgates.com Mostafa Fahmy
0 Kudos
Paul_SI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you for your response, I'm currently working on the deployment and shall post the findings shortly Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Czernobog
Expert
Expert

I too cannot progress with the installation of a 3-node vRA 8.1 cluster past the error LCMVRAVACONFIG590003. Tried workaround from both https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/76870 and https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/76053 , none worked.

It did work with 8.1 in the past, when I have deployed it as a single-instance installation, and later scaled out into 3-node cluster. However somehow the services ran into errors, deployments started to fail and I have tried to redeploy the cluster, but a fresh isntallation does not seem to work.

0 Kudos
Paul_SI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi @

After the failure I did a: kubectl get pods -n prelude

All pods seems to be there...

NAME                                      READY   STATUSRESTARTS   AGE
abx-service-app-7bb64444bf-lsr4g          1/1 Running   0      22m
approval-service-8597649cd7-n7ss4         1/1 Running   0      22m
assessment-service-app-6cb9c5bfdd-8c9q8   1/1 Running   0      23m
catalog-service-app-66c8c64c7d-cwnx5      1/1 Running   0      22m
cgs-service-655ccc8576-r6858              1/1 Running   0      22m
cmx-service-app-9454cb4f5-xgc2p           1/1 Running   0      22m
codestream-app-b466c58d8-w9595            1/1 Running   0      22m
docker-registry-5bf9b47b68-k97sx          1/1 Running   6      27m
docker-registry-proxy-57bb4b45bf-xzl88    1/1 Running   3      27m
ebs-app-7cff7b9944-wq6hg                  1/1 Running   0      22m
form-service-app-7f4548c6c7-pkdjc         1/1 Running   0      22m
identity-service-app-7ddb6bbdb7-psbqq     1/1 Running   0      24m
migration-service-app-b5d7dfb4b-fh6zd     1/1 Running   0      22m
no-license-app-85bc44cc-4lxlh             1/1 Running   0      27m
pgpool-7bb6bd97ff-8ck2g                   1/1 Running   0      27m
postgres-0                                1/1 Running   0      27m
project-service-app-77485d794c-2kb7k      1/1 Running   0      22m
provisioning-service-app-5c774ff54b-cfn87 1/1 Running   0      22m
proxy-service-5c78496786-2hzm5            1/1 Running   0      27m
rabbitmq-ha-0                             1/1 Running   0      27m
relocation-service-app-6cbfdc556b-2zmmp   1/1 Running   0      22m
symphony-logging-7fc8cdbd95-vlljr         1/1 Running   0      28m
tango-blueprint-service-app-d498568c9-kwfz4    1/1      Running   022m
tango-vro-gateway-app-599984dcdb-w4hhr    1/1 Running   0      22m
terraform-service-app-74cfd8fb84-zlv2f    2/2 Running   0      22m
user-profile-service-app-664d844f8c-s6dgf 1/1 Running   0      22m
vco-app-777f55b8cf-4gpmv                  3/3 Running   3      22m

Also when I try to verrify the vco error:

root@vra [ ~ ]# kubectl -n prelude logs vco-app-777f55b8cf-4gpmv -c install-rpms

Error from server (Timeout): the server was unable to return a response in the time allotted, but may still be processing the request (get pods vco-app-777f55b8cf-4gpmv)

0 Kudos
MostafaElSayedF
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

the services taking time to work and operate, I see all the services running. better as you are in a lab to build every thing from scratch without any upgrade and try. 

I hope this answer your question and i hope that this become answer or helpful comment for you. also, for More details and more information just follow my blog https://www.syncgates.com Mostafa Fahmy
0 Kudos
Paul_SI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi MostafaElSayedFahmy​,

Ok, so I deleted everything (IDM/LCM/vRA) and downloaded the latest iso. I started the easy installer and everything went fine until the power on. This was expected because my laptop doesn't has 12 cores. So after a small tweak I started the appliance and hit retry in LCM.

After a while the LCMVRAVACONFIG590003 came back, so I applied the fix for the init_run.sh line. I also tried to get the CEIP status but got a application error when I requested the status.... After the error I decided to do a reboot and requested the status again. I immediately got the same application error.

After this I rerun the deployment again, i figures the script would re-install the service.

Attached the two log bundles, I really don't get why this is failing. Everything is up-to-date now and I've done no upgrade.

Czernobog
Expert
Expert

Are you trying to install vRA as a single node or in HA mode?

I've tried again today and first installed as signle node, which worked, and then scaled out the environemnt into a 3 node cluster, using LCM. The environemnt runs without issues so far.

0 Kudos
Paul_SI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm trying a single node deployment on a virtualized esxi (Mac Os - Fusion). A 3 node cluster wouldn't fit I guess.

0 Kudos
MostafaElSayedF
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HI Paul_SI

Sorry for late but I am trying to get the licenses for the VRA to share with you a full step by step guide. I was planning for this the next two months but I will do it now for you. so, once I will receive the license I will prepare the guide and share it with you.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

does it have enough resources (for real)... vRA 8x won't install / run properly on an overprovisioned host or such with slow storage/cpu.

0 Kudos
cdoola11
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

run below command in the appliance first then follow KB https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/76870

command: vracli ceip off

0 Kudos
Paul_SI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You're describing the fix from: VMware Knowledge Base (KB76053). I mentioned in the start post that I already tried that Smiley Happy

In the meantime I kept re-trying the deployment and in the end I found the issue....

I use a MacBook Pro and Fusion 11.5.5. I've created three VM's:

- vCenter 6.7

- Domain Controller (Windows), providing AD/DNS/NTP/DHCP

- ESXi 6.7 (52GB mem 12 core)

With this configuration the easy_installer works and everything is deployed successfully. But when I use version 7 for vCenter and ESXi it keeps failing...

So it has to be something with vCenter 7 or vSphere 7 :S ....

0 Kudos