VMware Support Community
FITS
Contributor
Contributor

Collector not starting anymore (V2.4.0)

Hi,

I just recognized that our collector is "inactive" in the Console and so I tried restarting it. I stumbled across the network bug and fixed it, but I am still not able to get the collector running.

I found the following interesting things in the logs:

2020-06-03 07:14:13,440 ERROR [qtp204805934-15] c.v.s.c.a.RegistrationProviderImpl [RegistrationProviderImpl.java:116] [] While testing connectivity using provided connectivity settings [ConnectivityConfig[hostnameValidationEnabled=false, proxy=172.x.x.x :3128]], got response code 500 and response is Couldn't perform test registration due to: UploadException: Failed to upload due to exception >>> HttpRequestException: Couldn't send request>>> HttpRequestException: Couldn't send request. >>> ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Host name may not contain blanks

2020-06-03 07:13:25,279 WARN [rstrtChck] c.v.s.c.c.p.RemoteManifestPoller [RemoteManifestPoller.java:58] [] Couldn't read manifests from server: https://vcsa.vmware.com/skyline/api/manifests/manifest?collectorId=a75d6818-xxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx&colle...

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Sven

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AjayChananaVMwa
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello Sven,

As per the below error please check if the DNS setting are valid on Skyline Appliance.

Steps:-

1. Login to Skyline Console with root.
  2. Check for Network setting by typing below text.
  3. /opt/vmware/share/vami/vami_config_net

With the new version, Skyline validate if it's able to reach below URL over port 443.

vcsa.vmware.com

vapp-updates.vmware.com

Please make ensure the endpoints accounts is not expired and password is up to date.

Sincerely,
Ajay Chanana
Skyline Support Moderator
MCSE-2003/2008|RHCA|VCP-5/6/VCAP-6
0 Kudos
SvenVJxx
Contributor
Contributor

I doublechecked the Network config and the Proxy Settings. Looks perfect.

The Connection to the endpoints also works.

What can I do now?

0 Kudos
AjayChananaVMwa
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello SvenVJxx

Please check if your proxy allows the download and upload to below VMware sites.

External Network Connectivity Requirements

Machine

Connection To

Connection Type

Protocol

Port

VMware Skyline Collector

vcsa.vmware.com

HTTPS

TCP/IP

VMware Skyline Collector

vapp-updates.vmware.com