Welcome to VMware Communities.
The following privileges are required for support log bundle collection by Skyline Log Assist in 2.4 version.
- Administrator (read-only) role
- Collect Operation Logs
- Open the Horizon 7 Administrator console.
- Navigate to View Configuration > Administrators.
- Click on the Roles tab.
- Click on Add Role.
- Enter a name and description for the custom role.
NOTE: Skyline Collector version 2.3 requires the role name of "LogCollector". The Skyline Collector v2.3 explicitly looks for the role name "LogCollector" when a log transfer request is initiated from Skyline to a Horizon Connection Server. You can avoid this requirement by using Skyline Collector version 2.4.
- Select the Collect Operations Log from the privilege list.
- Save the role.
- Click on the Administrators and Groups tab, then click Add User or Group.
- For the new user, click on Add Permission. Select the Administrators (read-only).
- Click Save.
Please wait for up to 48 hours for the inventory to start showing the updated details later RE-VALIDATE log assist from skyline and check.
If the same issue appears, please fill the below form with your account details and share for further analysis.
Skyline Support Moderator
I follow the directions, but still the same issue. I upgraded our Horizon View to 7.12 and again change the settings by removing that requirement for LogCollector name by creating a new role. Still got the same Privilege error.
Submit Smartsheet form as well.