VMware Cloud Community
Vimal348
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

RVTools is hung at Wait for search Datastores Thread

Hello,

Can anyone please tell me why RVTools is stuck at 'Wait for search Datastores Thread'. Its been running for a while and not finishing.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Have you already tried to contact the author directly at https://www.robware.net/rvtools/contact/?

Some details about your environment (software version/build, storage adapters, storage type, ...) may help.

André

0 Kudos
Vimal348
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I will try to contact them. Thank you

0 Kudos
Vimal348
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So far I am not getting any update from them. Not sure how can I automate the RVTool report..

Any other suggestion André?

0 Kudos
nachogonzalez
Commander
Commander

Hey, hope you are doing fine.
I've seen this step taking a while sometimes (more than 40 minutes)
I don't know for how long have you been running RV-Tools but i think it's normal to take long on the datastores step.

0 Kudos
nuwan_tharanga
Contributor
Contributor

If possible to get the downtime of VCSA, Try to perform the Reboot via VAMI infrerface and then try to export.

0 Kudos
lucasbernadsky
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi, Vimal.

How big is the environment where your are running RV Tools? It usually takes a (very) long time to retrieve datastores information. I think it's due the vCenter API.

Do you have the same problem with other vcenters?

Have you tried with different versions of RV Tools?

Do you experience the same problem from different computers? Maybe a .net framework problem?

Regards!

0 Kudos
oscariglesias
Contributor
Contributor

Check the MTU for any vSW... Jumbo Frame must be configure same on source and target

0 Kudos