VMware Edu & Cert Community
Islanders
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCP-NV-2020 (NSX-T and NSX-V)

Hi,

It seems that NSX-V will be on the way out.

I passed vSphere 6 Foundations exam recently.

I wonder will I able to get the certification if I pass the NSX-T Data Center 2.4 exam?

Or In order to get NSX-T I still need to attend one of the training course?

VMware Certified Professional - Network Virtualization 2020 (VCP-NV 2020)

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If you clicked the link I posted you can select the Cisco path. If your Cisco certification is NOT one of those shown, follow the default path.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Firstly, you already had a perfectly good thread here so I don't know why you needed to create another. And secondly it states very plainly here that you will need to take one of the required training courses.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The answers were just one more click from the page you linked to:

VMware Certified Professional - Network Virtualization 2020 (VCP-NV 2020)

Yes you can get the VCP-NV 2020 via the NSX-T path, but unless you are Cisco certified you will have to meet the training requirement.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
Islanders
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Scott,

Yes. I am Cisco certified.Does it means that I can skip the NSX training requirement as long as I pass the exam NSX-T Data Center exam?

Thank you

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If you clicked the link I posted you can select the Cisco path. If your Cisco certification is NOT one of those shown, follow the default path.

Islanders
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you

0 Kudos