VMware Workspace ONE Community
gman2020
Contributor
Contributor

Deploying app config with Airwatch

Hi,

I'm looking for some guidance in regards to an application I'm trying to deploy to Android using Airwatch. I've been in touch with the suppliers for this app and they have advised me that I need to push some settings to the app using Airtwatch, I'm trying to force this app to use HTTP (port 80). Does anyone know how I could achieve this, is there a way to push this setting to the app?

If anyone has any guides or useful info on this it would be much appreciated.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
4 Replies
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

Hey there. Android App Configs can be very useful provided you meet the requirements:

• Devices need to be enrolled using Android Enterprise, legacy enrollments using the Device Admin model will not work.
  • The app needs to support App Config standards
    • You can figure this out by adding an app via the "iFrame" in the WS1 console. The app will indicate it is configurable as shown below:

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 9.36.10 PM.png

Once you add the app via the iFrame, you can configure it during the assignment phase. During the assignment setup you will find a section for "Application Configuration" and by enabling this option you will find a bunch of options filled in automatically by the app. Contact your vendor to get the appropriate values for each config option.

Hope that helps.

The main takeaway here is that you HAVE to use Android Enterprise. Without it, none of this works.

AlexAskin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

On the Assignment Page of your Android App there is an "Application Configuration" Section (depending on you Console Version it might look different, my screen is taken from 20.05).

Here you can send Configurations (Key, Type, Value) for your Apps - consult the vendor how your specific settings are supported via MDM

pastedImage_3.png

Here is an example how Zoom is configurable through Application Configuration: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360031913292-Using-MDM-to-Configure-Zoom-on-Android 

Alex

gman2020
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you both, your replies were very helpful and I was able to push out config to the app. Appreciate the help!

0 Kudos
TopherM
Contributor
Contributor

What would the process be to do this for an Apple App? Also is there a published list out there of apps that are able to be configured this way for apple apps? 

I have been tasked with setting up Apple TV's for our company with 

• YouTube TV
  • Spotify
  • iHeart Radio

I am hoping to be able to configure the YouTube TV app without having to touch the Apple TV device it self.

0 Kudos