Moderator: Thread moved to the SRM area.
DSN information is bound to SRM installation and the modify installer will not let you change it.
Un-installing existing SRM installation(without deleting data) and re-installing pointing to new DSN would be the option. Before you proceed further, please following information:
1. What is the version of SRM?
2. What is the type of database - MSSQL or embedded postgres ?
2. What is the purpose of pointing to new DSN ?
1- srm 5.0
2- external ms SQL
3-srm service starts then stop. There is a native SQL dsn configured and it is 64bit. I suspect due to this srm is not working. So I have created a 32 bit dsn.
First thing, you really need to upgrade the environment. It's difficult get much information about 5.x components now.
Please check vmware-dr.log in SRM server to get more details about the failure. Log location: C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware SRM\logs
Try to start the service manually and check the latest vmware-dr logs.
No other option..
I am planning to re-install the srm.. and can we use existing db.
1.Check the vmware-dr.log and see if it provides a backtrace about the crash.
2. Yes, you can un-install and re-install pointing to existing DB. During un-install, there is an option to 'Delete Site Recovery manager Data'. Ensure this option is not selected
3. At this stage, yes you can create a new DSN pointing to same DB. Install SRM and use existing DB
I hope that helps