3 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2020 3:09 AM by peetz

Issues Hypervisor install due to network card issue and ESXi Customizer fails

JamesTav Lurker

Good day,

I am an absolute novice with VMWare and want to build a test bench environment.

I have tried to do an install of VMware vSphere Hypervisor 7.0 but that failed due to the network card not being found/compatible.

After some research I found the ESXi Customizer PS and have been trying to create an ISO with my network card driver included,,,, but the script times out.

Script commands I have tried are:

.\ESXi-Customizer-PS-v2.6.0 -v67 -load net-r8168 -outDir G:\ -log G:\ESXi-Customizer-PS.log -nsc

.\ESXi-Customizer-PS-v2.6.0 -v67 -load net-r8168 -outDir C:\Users\james\Desktop\ESXI -log C:\Users\james\Desktop\ESXI\ESXi-Customizer-PS.log -nsc

.\ESXi-Customizer-PS-v2.6.0 -v67 -load net-r8168 -pkgDir C:\Users\james\Desktop\ESXI\Driver -outDir G:\ -log G:\ESXi-Customizer-PS.log -nsc

The script proceeds well and then always seems to fail at the same point...

An unexpected error occured:

[WinError 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

I have attached a copy of the log file for your info.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Regards James