VMware Workspace ONE Community
BenjaminBOURGEO
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Code Error 12023 The app’s iTunes Store ID could not be validated.

Hello,

I've a problem for deploy applications VPP, i've a code error 12023

"The app’s iTunes Store ID could not be validated"
What is the solution to solve the problem?
Thank's for your help

Regards
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenjaminBOURGEO
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Anton,

for information the problem is solved, it was the right store but there was the same unmanaged application on the terminal.

So i uninstalled the unmanaged app and installed the managed app.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AntonThirifays
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Is the Apple ID used to purchase apps set on the same country than the Apple ID used to download it ?

If you have your Apple ID to purchase apps set on the USA Store but the Apple ID to download it is set on French store, the latter will only have access to apps published on the French store.

0 Kudos
BenjaminBOURGEO
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Anton,

for information the problem is solved, it was the right store but there was the same unmanaged application on the terminal.

So i uninstalled the unmanaged app and installed the managed app.

0 Kudos
AntonThirifays
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Benjamin,

Nice, glad it now works.

Just in case, here is another way you can deal with this easily : is in the assignment page of the app, select

"Make this app mdm Managed if user downloaded".

This will force an app downloaded on the Apple App Store to take the setup you have made for the managed app (ie : Per-App VPN / KVP / SDK Profile ...)

So, no matter where the user got his app, if it matches the app ID, your setup will take precedence over.

Careful though when using it, you could find yourself in a tricky situation where you are allowing an app downloaded by one of your user that would take the setup intended for another user. Make sure you have your assignments fine-targeted.

Anton

BenjaminBOURGEO
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Anton,

Thank you for this valuable additional information Smiley Happy

Regards

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

In regard to "Make this app mdm Managed if user downloaded", I believe user will get prompted first and he/she needs to tap 'Allow' for this to take effect. Otherwise, settings you pre-configured will not work.

0 Kudos
AntonThirifays
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the precision.

For info, we only use public apps at the exception of Agent which is deployed in VPP. Also, only iOS, no Androids.

The make app mdm managed maybe has a different behaviour if public app or vpp app is set with that setting.

Anton

0 Kudos