VMware Cloud Community
Joshua_Scott_
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Vmware Workstation remote desktop connection to VM within a host PC.

I am trying to get my laptop to connect to my super computer in the computer closet but im having issues connecting to the VM's that are within the device.

I used bridged and NAT connections bridged i get a password error where i cannot connect due to the username and password being wrong.

NAT connection i don't get that far.

I could really use some pointers on where to go next.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If bridged is getting you as far as the VM OS (which it sounds like it is if you get the username/password error) then the issue is not with VMware Workstation.

Check the login credentials of your VM OS.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If bridged is getting you as far as the VM OS (which it sounds like it is if you get the username/password error) then the issue is not with VMware Workstation.

Check the login credentials of your VM OS.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
Joshua_Scott_
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It is telling me that the credentials that were used to connect to DESKTOP-IMCUFQ0 did not work. I know that they are correct so what do you think it could be a permissions issue? 

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

What credentials are you using to login to your local system, compared to those you are trying to use to login to the remote desktop?

Moderator: Thread moved to the Windows area since this does not appear to be a VMware-related issue.

0 Kudos