VMware Workspace ONE Community
gmc1979
Contributor
Contributor

Automatisms not working for profile and app distribution - Android Enterprise Devices

Hello Everyone!

I am enrolling Samsung Android devices with Android Enterprise in COPE mode, using the QRcode method and preparing the devices with a staging user.

• First problem, I set an Application Control profile to blacklist apps in my personal profile, unfortunately it seems that the profile is not respected at the first installation, to make it is I have to go on the profile itself and force the installation on a given device. The assignment seems to be correct, unfortunately in the production phase the thing would become annoying if it remained so.
  • Second problem, when the employee enters his AD credentials for the final registration, I set that two apps are downloaded for the management of e-mail with parameters taken from the employee's personal data. Also in this case the apps are not downloaded automatically as they should and if the downloads from the company store don't have the preset parameters. If I force the installation again then everything works. But as before it becomes annoying during production with hundreds of devices.

Do things like this happen to you? I have to use staging because the customer wants the devices with the apps already downloaded, but I wonder if it's not the staging itself that creates these problems?

Thanks and regards,

Gianmarco

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies