VMware Cloud Community
Ryan425
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCenter Converter Windows XP problems

I have XP computers I need to make VMs of.  I try to install the latest vCenter Converter on those machines but they fail near the end.  I see that XP is no longer supported on the notes.  However, I keep reading that it used to work at least so I was looking for an older version to download and can't find one to download.  I'm forced to download a version that doesn't work for the XP computers.

Trying to converter it remotely from a windows 10 and it is also failing so that option isn't any good either. 

Is there anywhere I can download version 5?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Thread moved to the Converter Standalone area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

There is the only available link of version 6.2 on the VMware official website now. Please read the related release note for version 6.0 and also older same questions in the community, (like P2V Windows XP and so more, please search in Converter Standalone ) I think they will guide you on how to solve this problem with the newer available versions of vCenter Converter.

Good Luck

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos