VMware Cloud Community
0xdebutant
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Change network adapter from E1000 to VMXNET3 with ESXi in 5.0

Hi everyone !

Is this possible to change the network adapter from E1000 to VXMNET3 when the ESXi is in 5.0 ?

If it is possible, how ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If you don't want to retain the MAC/IP addresses of the E1000, start at page 107: https://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-50/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/vsphere-esxi-vcenter-server-501-virtu...

If you do want to retain them it's more complex as the guest OS will see the VMXNET3 as a new NIC.

Oh, and get off ESXi 5.0 when you can - it's been unsupported for a while now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If you don't want to retain the MAC/IP addresses of the E1000, start at page 107: https://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-50/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/vsphere-esxi-vcenter-server-501-virtu...

If you do want to retain them it's more complex as the guest OS will see the VMXNET3 as a new NIC.

Oh, and get off ESXi 5.0 when you can - it's been unsupported for a while now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
0xdebutant
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot for the link Smiley Wink

Btw for the version I agree but I don't decide so I deal with it :smileyplain:

0 Kudos