VMware Support Community
winvxge
Contributor
Contributor

Skyline advisor findings not updating

Hello,

Since 9 days our skyline advisor findings are not getting updated anymore.

Collectors status are all healthy.

Do you experience the same ?

Have you got opportunity to open a ticket to support for it ? I cannot open any ticket (even if our account is production type) to vmware regarding skyline advisors.

Thanks for your comments.

Stay safe.
CB

0 Kudos
12 Replies
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello winvxge

Welcome to VMware Communities.

As per the comments I understand that only the Findings are not updated on the Recommendation page in Advisor, rest of the tabs like Inventory and Collector Status are all in healthy status in Advisor.

1. All the findings are remiadiated in the environment and there are no more issues reported from Skyline as of today
  2. Some communication issue in Skyline Collecto (Since you have mentioned that the collector status is healthy this could not be the reason)

Request you to share the details requested on the below form, so that I could check the status from our end

Smartsheet Forms

Options to raise a SR for Skyline:

MyVMware:

Select System Management >> From the option that populate Expand vSphere >> Now you would get the option to select Skyline as a Product and raise an SR

pastedImage_6.png

Cloud Service Platrom:

Login to Advisor >> Click on the dropdown from the top right corner and click on Cloud Service Console >> Click on Support Center tab to raise a SR for Skyline

pastedImage_5.png

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
Skyline Support Moderator
0 Kudos
winvxge
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Many thanks for your help.

I was finally able to open an SR using the my.vmware portal.

Great!

Thanks and have a good day.

0 Kudos
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello winvxge​,

Thank you for raising the case, We did check your account and found that there are active recommendations shared and everything seems to be working as expected.

Request you to open the Skyline Advisor using a Chrome Incognito window.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
0 Kudos
winvxge
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

We trieds with several browsers , including chrome and firefox.Same results, findings date is not getting updated

pastedImage_0.png

Analysis of new findings is not happening.

Any clue ?

Rgds

0 Kudos
ronancosta
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All, any news for this... my skyline has the same date (04/20/2020)

0 Kudos
winvxge
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

No news for timebeing.

The SR has been assigned to engineering for further investigations.
Regards

0 Kudos
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello winvxge​​, ronancosta​,

Thank you for giving us the details, I would like to inform you that the Findings Date would be the date when this issue was detected for the first time in your environment, and this would not change for the existing findings.

If there is a new finding recorded that is when you would see a new findings date being reported on Skyline Advisor.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
0 Kudos
winvxge
Contributor
Contributor

What you are telling is not correct.

The date is about last analysis date.

There were some changes in the environment which should have been reflected to less findings, and this is not the case.

The problem is that findings analysis is getting stuck at some point. Nothing to do with last detection of a finding date.

0 Kudos
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello winvxge​​​,

We're looking into this issue, we would keep you posted with the status.

ronancosta​,

Could you please share the account details, so that we could check the issue specific to the account.

As this is not a widespread issue, we did check a few other accounts and the last analysis date is being updated.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
0 Kudos
ronancosta
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem as winvxge, I updated my entire environment to from 6.0 to version 6.7 and 6.5 (300 esxi hosts), horizon to version 7.12 (2 horizon Server), 13 Vcenters (6.5 and 6.7), 3 vrealize to version 8, until the 20th / 04 updated and after that no more updates..

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
ronancosta
Contributor
Contributor

updated....

pastedImage_0.png

I added 3 more vcenters and 42 hosts esxi 6.0 to the skyline, these will now be migrated.2

the other environments are now ok.

pastedImage_2.png

thanks.

0 Kudos
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello winvxgeronancosta,

Thank you for the confirmation.

We found that there is one rule that was failing. We applied a fix and new report has been generated.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
0 Kudos