Moderator: Thread moved to the Site Recovery Manager area.
Your screenshot quality is low, so I couldn't read the error, but I believe your problem is related to "replicaManager" and "replicationManager".
To check this, please follow the steps below:
- login to https://vrms_address:8043/mob/?vmodl=1 with your vSphere SSO account (vrms_address is your VR IP address)
- Click on Content
- Choose one of these options: "replicaManager" or "replicationManager" (One is outgoing and another one is incoming, according to your scenario) for example:
replication-manager > getOutgoingReplications for outgoing configuration
replica-manager > getIncomingReplications for incoming configuration
- In newly opened page please remove all value of sorters and filter and then select Invoke Method (for "start" you can choose 0 and for "count" you can choose 50)
- After the result shows up, you can choose GID of what you are seeking and then you can choose to destroy to remove the replication.
I hope this could be helpful
As Ardaneh mentioned below, please remove replication entries from vC MOB. Direct vC MOB URL can also be retrieved from vSphere replication appliances database
1. Enable SSH on VR appliance with this command: /usr/bin/enable-sshd.sh
2. Please refer this KB to list replicated VM details --> VMware Knowledge Base
Hope that helps