VMware Cloud Community
Shin_Coldfire
Contributor
Contributor

VCD10.1 WebMKS and vmrc mouse pointer problem

Hello,

I have vCloud Director, freshly updated to 10.1. Currently, we are testing, if everything working. After starting Windows 10 VM with ISO, that contains installer, WebMKS console does not grab mouse pointer, only keyboard. In VMRC, if I move mouse slowly, like VERY SLOWLY, it works. Just after I move mouse normally - VMRC disconnects. If I use VMRC directly from vSphere - everything works perfectly. As system is not yet installed, I can't install VMware Tools. Tested with Linux guest OS, same results.

I have configured my load balancer on NSX-v edge, only one vCloud cell for now. My vCloud Cell and infrastructure lives in local network, so I need LB to forward external connections. Pool listens and monitors 8443 port, application profile and virtual server is TCP with source ip persistence. I've tried to use HTTPS with SSL-passthrough, it worked similarly. VCD external address is different ip. NTP is enabled and time is accurate.

Don't know what else can be wrong. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BorisFarizon
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I consulted with an engineer with deep knowledge of this area, and the issue does not appear to be a generally reproducible one. The path forward would be to follow the process for dealing with customer issues, that is, filing an SR which will result in an engineering visible tracking bug.

0 Kudos
Shin_Coldfire
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for a response.

I've created an SR and got answer "This is a known issue and we have reported it to our Engineering team". So, my only option for now is just to wait.

Just updating this thread for those, who could be affected by this issue as well or just curious.

0 Kudos
BorisFarizon
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Can you request any identifying information of the "known problem", such as an SR number or bug number? I can see one bug known to VCD engineering but it is explicitly about VMRC and somewhat different symptoms.

0 Kudos
Shin_Coldfire
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, support engineer can't disclose such info, as it is internal. But I can share my SR number:  20120896804

0 Kudos
BorisFarizon
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thanks. I saw your SR is now attached to an existing PR.

0 Kudos