1 person found this helpful
I think you might be using a custom database schema instead of dbo.
App Volume 2.18 installer looks for table with dbo schema during upgrade.
* Revert back to working 2.14/2.16.
* Take a valid back of DB and snapshot of all app vol servers.
* Open SQL Management studio and right click on app volume DB and run below query:
Query to transfer the schema structure: alter schema <newschema> transfer tablename.
* In order to update all of the table's schema run below query:
SELECT 'ALTER SCHEMA dbo TRANSFER ' + s.Name + '.' + o.Name
FROM sys.Objects o
INNER JOIN sys.Schemas s on o.schema_id = s.schema_id
WHERE s.Name = '<inputyourcurrentschemaname>'
And (o.Type = 'U' Or o.Type = 'P' Or o.Type = 'V')
* Above query lists all the table with the query. All we need to do is copy the queries and paste it on new query window and execute it.
Note: This is disruptive action. Please ensure we have a valid back up of DB.
* Once all the schama of tables are updated you may run the upgrade of app volume to 2.18.
I still recommend opening a support request for assistance on this.
Thanks for the response. Have opened SR with VMware already, but looking into possible causes in advance of their reply.
Will update once VMware have replied.
At my previous customer we were facing the same issue. All earlier upgrades went smoothly but the upgrade to 2.18 gave us the same issue! Another schema was used (not dbo), we opened a SR but after 2 weeks there was no progress in this case. So we built 4 new appvolumes managers and imported the appstacks and added these to our loadbalancer and we removed the old managers. This was for us the fastest path to 2.18.
Sorry for the delay. My client had difficulty in arranging downtime.
As suggested we also raised a SR with VMware who advised the same thing. However on the initial attempt to update following the changes to the database tables, the update failed. I reverted to the old version and SQL backup. Updated the schema, but this time I uninstalled App Volumes 2.16 and installed 2.18, but I also changed the database account to a SQL one rather than the Windows account that was originally specified. The update was successful.