VMware Cloud Community
daviisfuskk
Contributor
Contributor

Host restarted itself and unexpectedly rebooted

I installed ESXi 6.5 u3 with HP DL360 G 10 and it's been up and running for 18 days.

Today the host restarted itself and unexpectedly rebooted.

Can anybody please kindly help me out?

Hereby I attached the log of the host.

Thank you very much in advance for your kind help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Does your server's iLO Event Log or Management Log record a reason for the reboot or any interesting events around the time of the reboot (2020-04-24T00:46:44Z to 2020-04-24T00:50:46Z)?

--

Darius

0 Kudos
daviisfuskk
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

Hereby I attached another picture for reference.

29686.jpg

0 Kudos
daviisfuskk
Contributor
Contributor

Please kindly see the attached file.

0 Kudos
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The only information I could find related to that particular message says that you might need to contact Hewlett Packard Enterprise support... it does not explain any possible cause.

In the absence of any better guidance, I would start off with some fairly generic troubleshooting: Verify that all your hardware components are on the hardware compatibility list for the ESXi version, and check whether any firmware updates are available for the host system.

(On what I hope is an unrelated tangent from the present discussion: My most memorable incident of troubleshooting unexpected system shutdowns/reboots was root-caused to a tower chassis design which included an unnecessarily-large power button at exactly the same height above floor level as the wheels of an office chair... Consider all possibilities. :smileygrin:)

--

Darius

0 Kudos