VMware Horizon Community
mimamouse
Contributor
Contributor

VMware horizon client 5.4.2 build-15936851

Hi everyone!

So I currently am using a desktop with 3 monitors (Dell S2716DG  -27 inches in portrait mode)  for around 10 years and I usee VMware Horizon client to access work-related material however after an hour or so my VM froze and have to log out from my work machine and re-login.   I haven't been able to diagnose what could possibly be the problem and all of the similar posts I have read haven't given me a solution either. Below are details about my setup. If you need anything else to help me diagnose the problem please let me know

Issue:

VM machine froze after an hour or so of using it

Relevant Info

Using VMware Blast!

All monitors are the same model and set to the same resolution

Display setting is set to "All-Monitors"

All display thumbnails are selected

I have to 2 Nvidia video cards and on Intel(integrated)

Have tried to repair installation of client software

Tried using PCoIP, did not help

Tried another VMware version

pastedImage_4.pngpastedImage_5.png

pastedImage_8.png

Here is the performance of VM machine

what Im missing??? Please help this lost soul!!

thank you!

A lady in trouble...

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi mimamouse

Are you using the UWP Horizon Client from the Windows Store?

0 Kudos
mimamouse
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Shreyskar

No I'm not

I noticed the performance screenshot from my VM didn't show on my original post

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
kdenike
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Is this happening frequently? Were you using this same setup successfully with an older version of the Horizon Client? Could you open a ticket with VMware support?

0 Kudos
BarryUWSEFS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, you don't mention, or I do not understand what you are connecting to with the Horizon client, you only say "work related materials." If you are connecting to a Horizon desktop pool VM, it determines the number of supported monitors, although three can be supported, it is very typical that only two are, just depends how it was configured. Instead of All Monitors try Full Screen and see if it still freezes up (you will not get all three monitors though). The video cards on your local machine do not interact with the Horizon client performance.

Also what is utilizing the CPU? That could be a culprit as well.

0 Kudos
mimamouse
Contributor
Contributor

Yes,  I'm connecting to a pool of VM but I didn't have a problem before and out of the blue stop working.  I been using 3 monitor for over 10 years without a problem...is stressing me out because i handle a lot of info and need multiple windows open in order for me to work.  Any suggestions what I need to do?

0 Kudos
BarryUWSEFS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Well, for troubleshooting purposes I already suggested trying Full Screen instead of All Monitors, and also in task manager see what is causing the 60% CPU usage. Also look at Windows Events and see if there is anything. Is there any IT folks supporting Horizon you can ask? Perhaps something has changed on their end.

0 Kudos