VMware Cloud Community
amateolo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

update form VCSA 6.7.0.4200 to 4300 (U3F)

Good morning experts,

Have you found any problem in updating the latest VCSA 6.7 (U3F) from a 6.7 U3b

On the other hand I ask for several recommendations, as a rollback, which would be the best process? A snapshot directly from an ESXi? clone? snap wtich VM up or down?

The downtime, tells me 3 hours in the precheck....this is real? it's a long time...

Sorry for the questions... I'm a rookie

Regards,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
berndweyand
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

yes thanks i´m fine -homeoffice since 5 weeks 😕

when you take a snapshot with memory the online state of memory is also captured - therefor the vmfreezes for a short time. to be absolute sure take a snapshot when vm is powered down. to do this you must login to the host where the vcenter is hosted.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
berndweyand
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

my update from u3a to u3d was calculated with 170 min - but duration was only 10 minutes. update to u3f will follow this afternoon.

just take a online snapshot with memory

0 Kudos
amateolo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you for responding, I hope you're safe and well where you are.

I've always had this doubt, with a snapshot take memory, does it keep the information of the online bbdd without risk of corruption?

I've never really known the difference between snapshot with memory and without it...

0 Kudos
berndweyand
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

yes thanks i´m fine -homeoffice since 5 weeks 😕

when you take a snapshot with memory the online state of memory is also captured - therefor the vmfreezes for a short time. to be absolute sure take a snapshot when vm is powered down. to do this you must login to the host where the vcenter is hosted.

0 Kudos