VMware Horizon Community
fborges555
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

CP-parent

Hi gurus

I have this issue with CP-parent, I am in the process of getting rid off a datastore but the only to items I have left are two cp-parent , but I cant delete or move them to another datastore, I just cant do anything.

any help please

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kvmw2130
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

Run below command from horizon connection server. Elevated command prompt

IcUnprotect -action delete -vc IPOFVC -uid username -password password -datastore nameofdatastore

Please run command will delete all the internal protected vms (cp-vm) from that datastore

Reference: Instant-Clone Maintenance Utilities

0 Kudos
fborges555
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

KVM

thanks for jumping in , should I use the action  delete or unprotect first, just in case that then I can move the cp-parent to another DS

Thanks again

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Don't bother with any of this, if you edited the pool to use the new datastore, put a host in maintence mode one at time and they cp parents will be recreated. You can't move the cp parents and only should delete them if they are orphaned.

0 Kudos
kvmw2130
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

No need to worry if you have already deleted the pool, the command will unprotect and it will delete all cp-vms in that datastore. This command will not touch any of your other vms only cp-vms will be deleted.

Only pre-requisite ensure instant clone pool already deleted. If you are only having cp-vms in that datastore then you can run this command.

If you want to manually delete you can definitely run only unprotect and then delete it on vsphere manually. Command syntax is same just replace action section from delete to unprotect.

0 Kudos