VMware Cloud Community
tetla68
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How do you disable system info screen overlay in top left corner?

This is really annoying, after the latest  update to VMWare Workstation build ver. 15.5.2 build-15785246 when I run an OS in the Workstation the screen shows overlay in top left corner with following stats:

EVGA Precision XOC v6.0.9

GPU clock: ###MHz

Memory clock: ###MHz

GPU temperature: ##C

Memory usage: ###MB

Framerate: ##FPS

At first I tough that maybe I have accidentally installed something in Windows 10 OS running in the workstation BUT even if I go to the earliest snapshot from like 6 months ago the overlay is still there also when I take screen snapshot in the virtual OS the overlay doesn't show, neither does it show when I take a screen snapshot with VMWare "Capture Screen" command, it only shows in a screen shot if I take a screen snapshot from the Host OS under which VMWare is running, see pic. below what I mean. So this overlay must be somehow enabled in WMWare, super annoying. Anyone knows how to disable this?

ScreenCap.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This information is from your graphics card driver, and is not generated by VMware Workstation.  Refer to the EVGA website for the instructions to configure it.

Thanks,

--

Darius

View solution in original post

4 Replies
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This information is from your graphics card driver, and is not generated by VMware Workstation.  Refer to the EVGA website for the instructions to configure it.

Thanks,

--

Darius

tetla68
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'll check the site BUT if this is from my graphics card why does the stat only shows when I am running a VMWare OS and only in top left corner of the VMWare Window and not the host OS main screen? This started happening after the latest VMWare update, anyway I'll check it out and update on this, very strange.

0 Kudos
tetla68
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks so much for the tip, disabling OSD on my Graphic card worked BUT it is very strange that when enabled the info only shows in a running VMWorkstation machine window and not the main Host OS screen.

0 Kudos
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

It's very common for GPU drivers to make decisions based upon the program/game which is running at the time... perhaps it has a rule which usually hides the overlay when Workstation is running, but the new version of Workstation looked sufficiently different from the old version that it didn't match the rule (or did match some other rule) so the driver didn't hide it anymore.  The HUD is certainly not within the control of Workstation... i.e. There isn't anything that changed in Workstation to ask the OS or driver to display these statistics.  Maybe there will be an update to the EVGA software in the near future to add recognition of the latest version of Workstation...  I don't really know; This is all speculation.

Either way, glad that we got the problem solved.  Enjoy using Workstation!

--

Darius

0 Kudos