VMware Cloud Community
RobertLF
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vRA 8.0.1 - vCenter Coud Account - failed to synchronize images.

I am fairly new to 8.0.1 and I have an issue with my vCenter Cloud Account failing when synchronizing images:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_0.png

I am able to locate and apply my image templates in my Image Mappings but my Blueprint is failing when it tries to locate the image. I am playing with user inputs in my Blueprint which could be the cause but I would still like to figure out why my image sync fails.

I have verified my service account creds and everything else seems to be functioning. I would like to try removing and re-adding the Cloud Account but I am not sure the impact that will have on my projects, blueprints, etc.

Does anyone have any ideas, any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertLF
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

In case anyone runs into the same issue, my issue ended up being my service account didn't have enough rights in vCenter. The odd thing is that it was working then stopped, I still don't have an answer for that. No rights were modified in vCenter so I am not sure what changed.

If you run into this issue, check your service account permissions in vCenter.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertLF
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

In case anyone runs into the same issue, my issue ended up being my service account didn't have enough rights in vCenter. The odd thing is that it was working then stopped, I still don't have an answer for that. No rights were modified in vCenter so I am not sure what changed.

If you run into this issue, check your service account permissions in vCenter.

0 Kudos
AiniHasbullah
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

May I know what type of permission that we need in order to synch up again the images?

0 Kudos
BrettK1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

1) Set privileges to the following (I added a few more for Guest Operations and such):
https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Cloud-Foundation/services/vcf-private-cloud-automation-v1/GUID-CB4...

2) Then add the account and role in Access control > Global permissions  and Propagated to Children:
https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Cloud-Foundation/services/vcf-private-cloud-automation-v1/GUID-85A...

0 Kudos