5 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2020 12:42 PM by cpetry7c1

Sporadically slow web client on 6.7U3 - Two VMware support cases and 60+ days later no resolution

cpetry7c1 Lurker

I've opened two support requests with VMware in the last 60-90 days.  I've rebuilt my VCSA per their recommendation.  I still have the same issue.

I have one VCSA that started to have web client slowdowns after upgrading from 6.7U1 to 6.7U3.  I do not have OpenManage installed on the hosts.  I've manually verified that OpenManage isn't installed on each host within this vCenter. 

Logging into the VCSA via SSO/Active Directory takes a very long time (2-5 mins).  Even with workaround https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/53698 applied. 

I need to reboot my VCSA every 2-5 days to restore performance. 

Once logged into the VCSA it doesn't always behave correctly - sporadically the UI slows down to the point where right clicking to bring up a context menu takes 2-5 minutes.  This occurs on any browser even when cache is cleared.

The ESXi hosts are running the latest build of ESXi on Dell PE R740xd's.

Occasionally, rebooting the VCSA will dis-join it from the domain (Windows 2003 functional level).  I know this functional level isn't supported and it's been difficult to get an answer as to whether this would cause these issues or not.

Any ideas?