VMware Communities
mprieto
Contributor
Contributor

Connect two physical network adapter adapter to a virtualized ESXI in Workstation pro 14

Hi everyone.

I need help, I am going to be crazy.

I have installed VMware Workstation pro 14 in a Windows 10 version 1909.

I have installed a ESXI 6.7 as VM into Workstation pro 14.

I have two physical network adapter in Windows 10 as private network

pastedImage_0.png

I have configure 2 vmnet in bridge mode to every adapter in Workstation pro 14

pastedImage_1.png

I have configure two vmnic in the ESXI settings

pastedImage_2.png

Both of them are in the same vSwitch0 as NIC Teaming

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

I have a continues ping to the 192.168.0.101 and when I disconnect one wire of the physical network the ping continues, I connect the wire and disconnect the other one and the ping is go down.

Please help me, I need to create a lab and I need redundant in my vswitch.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Nawals
Expert
Expert

Edit the "Management Network" and navigate to "Teaming and failover" change  the vmnic0 as active and vmnic1 as standby

NKS Please Mark Helpful/correct if my answer resolve your query.
0 Kudos
mprieto
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Nawals.

This I haved tried what you say but doesn´t work, the languaje is spanish but I think is understandable.

I have try with active/active, active/passive and active/standby and nothing works

pastedImage_0.png

My last chance is to bridge automatic in a VMnet0 (for example) and choose the 2 physical adapters, later that, I configure VMnet0 for all vmnic I want to have the ESXI like that:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

I need physical connection due to I have no a lot of RAM, just 16Gb in this laptop and my lab needs 2 ESXI, so I will install the second ESXI in an other laptop.

The vCenter will be in the first laptop (16gb RAM) and the OpenFiler ISCSI as well

0 Kudos