VMware Horizon Community
BigDude71
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Error: "invalid Server Address is specified" with VMware Horizon Version 5.4.0

Hello everyone. My phone just did a automatic update to Horizon 5.4.0 but now I get this Error whenever I try to use it. I did try to uninstall and reinstall but I get the same error, I even tried to down load the previous version 5.3.0 but it still updates to the latest version of 5.4.0. can someone help Thank You.

Android Galaxy S10+

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kdenike
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I see 5.4.1 in the Google Play store. Give it a try please.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
offereins
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Same here on my pixelbook. After updating to the latest version (17 march  2020 5.4.0) get the same error. Colleagues in MacOS report also.

feelfreetoblame
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Most of our workforce is working remotely on MacBooks, and they are also having this problem after updating to version 5.4. Not all users are impacted, however, and it doesn't seem to matter which operating system version they are on. Downgrading to 5.3 gets them back up and running. Confirmed that this problem is also occuring on my Android phone after the update.

BigDude71
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am unable to downgrade to 5.3 with my android phone. I went to the download page of VMware website found the 3.5 version clicked "DownLoad" and it downloads the updated version 5.4. I have done this 4 times already and I'm quite frustrated at this point. Please Help..

feelfreetoblame
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I was able to Google and find the 5.3 apk. Website looked a bit sketchy but I was able to install after allowing unknown sources. Until there's a fix this was the only option I could think of for my phone.

https://vmware-inc-horizon.en.aptoide.com/?app_id=50281900&store_name=storeareus

0 Kudos
mkonopnicki
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Hi,

I've got the same issue in my lab.

It seems to have something to do with the certificate.

In my case it was a wildcard however once switched to self-signed it went away.

It will be reported to support since one of the customers seems to have the some problem as well.

kdenike
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Apologies to those hitting this problem! We believe that we have narrowed this problem down to some older versions of UAG (3.2 and 3.3.1) and the Windows, Mac, Android and iOS clients. We're working on a fix. In the meantime, reverting to 5.3 works (except for iOS which won't allow it).

I can see that the 5.3 version of the Android client is available from www.vmware.com/go/viewclients (in fact we haven't posted the 5.4 client there yet). Did you delete the 5.4 client first?

offereins
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

When i try to download 5.3 from www.vmware.com/go/viewclients the Appstore still redirect to the 5.4 version. If i try to install a downloaded 5.3 APK, i have to switch to developer mode on my Pixelbook. That is not an option in our environment.

0 Kudos
fjcoop
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have the issue with Mac and Android devices on client version 5.4 using a UAG 3.2.1, I have another environment which is using UAG 3.8 which is fine. Windows client 5.4 works on both of our UAG versions.

0 Kudos
LeighMurray
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can you please consider pulling this release from the download page and release a new version when the problem is rectified? More and more people are working from home for obvious reasons and when they set up their new work environments they are all downloading the latest version, which doesn't work, and it is more common than just the two versions of UAG you mention.

offereins
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Upgraded my UAG's today from 3.3.1 to 3.9 and that solved the problem.

0 Kudos
feelfreetoblame
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yep, we got blasted with calls on the second day of working from home for an already confused workforce.

0 Kudos
kdenike
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I have an update:

• This is all caused by an incompatibility between the new clients and older UAG, we do not have the problem with UAG 3.8 or 3.9.
  • We have a 5.4.1 build ready for the Google Play store. We've submitted it, it is in review by Google.
  • The Windows clients 5.3 and 5.4 only have this problem if you install them in dual IPv4/IPv6 mode which is not the default install option.
  • The Mac client 5.4 also has this problem.
  • We will are working to post updates to the Windows and Mac client next week. Until then you can revert to 5.3, upgrade your UAG or reinstall your Windows client with IPv4 only.

Fingers crossed that the 5.4.1 shows up in the Google Play store soon! Thanks everyone for the feedback.

kdenike
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I see 5.4.1 in the Google Play store. Give it a try please.

feelfreetoblame
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Tested successfully on LG V30+, thank you.

0 Kudos
BigDude71
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Awesome!!! This worked, nice job!!!

0 Kudos
BigDude71
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

May I add: the new update 5.4.1 worked good on a Android Galaxy S10 with no issues. Thanks for your input and help guys be safe and have a great day.

0 Kudos