VMware Cloud Community
legioon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

GuestAgent is working but not doing anything on Windows Blueprint

Hello,

I'm using vRA 7.6 Build 13027133 and External vRO Appliance 7.6.  I have only one IaaS Server and vRA Appliance. ( Small Deployment ). All services are working.

I have basic Windows 2016 blueprint and I have installed Guest Agent to Windows Template successfully. When I check the GuestAgent.log file which located on c:\VRMGuestAgent\ I can see that it is working successfully.

I can deploy virtual machine with this blueprint. But, Guest agent scripties are not starting. For example;

VirtualMachine.Software0.Name               ---> IIS Deployment

VirtualMachine.Customize.WaitComplete ---> True

VirtualMachine.Software0.ScriptPath       ---> powershell.exe -command  "Install-WindowsFeature -name Web-Server -IncludeManagementTools"

VirtualMachine.Admin.UseGuestAgent     ---> True

When I check c:\VRMGuestAgent\GuestAgent.log file, I can see that script was triggered successfully. But when I check logs on vRA console I see the following error ;

vraerror.png

and when I check blueprint properties that provisioned, I see Image.ISO.Location and Image.ISO.Name parameter. But I did not use ant ISO property... I guess that's why guest agent script is not starting..

vraerror2.png

How can I solve this issue ? Is that a bug ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
legioon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have written "VirtualMachine.Software0.scriptPath" instead of "VirtualMachine.Software0.ScriptPath". The problem was lower case. I fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
legioon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have written "VirtualMachine.Software0.scriptPath" instead of "VirtualMachine.Software0.ScriptPath". The problem was lower case. I fixed the issue.

0 Kudos