VMware Cloud Community
Wmerlin
Contributor
Contributor

vsphere replication not showing vcenter on Site recovery page

HI all, I have vsphere replication installed for a while and everything was working great. However a few weeks ago one of the sites disappeared and could not connect. Since I didn't have anything syncing at the time I removed everything and started over again. Now I have 1 site showing but the other one doesn't appear in the Site Recovery page. if I go to replica servers I only see the replica server on the vcenter that shows on the recovery page. I've removed everything tried reset the embedded database, even installed new appliances with no luck. I unregistered the replication from the vcenter that was working and just reinstalled in the vcenter that wasn't showing, and when I do that I go to the site recovery page I don't any vcenters and can't even create a site pair. One thing I noticed is that my vcenter VM is marked as managed by com.vmware.vcHms. Even when I remove everything. I even removed the vCHms on /MOB/ but nothing changed. Any thoughts ?

I'm running center 6.7 update 2 with vsphere replication 8.2

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ardaneh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

We had the same issue. We tried these steps (step by step) and everything was ok again, so I hope it could be helpful:

- Remove VR and SRM Appliance on both sides

- Remove all related plugins from vCenter on both sides (from /mob | com.vmware.vcHms and com.vmware.vcDr)

- Remove all SRM and VR related accounts on vCenter (from vCenter Administration | Solution Users)

- Restart vCenters

(Double-check for the steps above)

- Deploy and register SRM on both sides

- Deploy and register VR on both sides

The most important thing is the NTP server. VR and SRM on both sides must be synced.

0 Kudos