VMware Cloud Community
rajeshvasumurth
Contributor
Contributor

VM ESXI Hangs after running for 15 min and never come back.

Hi,

I have recently upgraded VM EXSI from 5.5 to 6.7 it loads and works for 15 min after that it hangs. Nothing works even tried to check from the console no luck.

I have to manually hard restart to come back.

we have a cisco UCSC-c200-m3l standalone rack server. Can anybody please help what i have missed here.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MikeStoica
Expert
Expert

Your server is not on the list of supported hardware VMware Compatibility Guide - System Search

0 Kudos
T180985
Expert
Expert

Is it a C200-M3L or C220-M3L? From what i can see the C200 was C200-M2L.... Its its the C220 then its on the HCL for 6.7U3

have you check the vmkernel log?

/var/log/vmkernel.log

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue. How to post effectively on VMTN https://communities.vmware.com/people/daphnissov/blog/2018/12/05/how-to-ask-for-help-on-tech-forums
0 Kudos
rajeshvasumurth
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mike,

I can see this in VM Ware compatibility Guide.

pastedImage_0.png

Please let me know where i am going wrong.

0 Kudos
rajeshvasumurth
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry Server model is UCSC-C220-M3L

0 Kudos
Ardaneh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

We had this kind of issue when we tried to directly upgrade from 5.5 to 6 and then 6.7. If you did this kind of upgrade, I recommend you to install a fresh version of ESXi 6.7

Can you please share the latest information from vmkernel.log file?

0 Kudos
rajeshvasumurth
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I was using 2.01b bios version. i have updated all the components of ucsc-220m  server after that i have installed a fresh VM ware 6.7.

It Worked!!!

Thanks for your Support.

0 Kudos
rajeshvasumurth
Contributor
Contributor

Damm!!! it's hanging again after a clean installation.

Can anyone please help.

I have attached the vmkernel.log

0 Kudos
SrVMwarer
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hello, try to create a new VM with same specs and attach the VMDK to it as it is also I tried that before and it worked fine with me

Is this is the only VM that hangs? or does it hang wile running something else on, backup for example or this VM resides inside a limited vAPP or doesn't have required resources ?

Regards, İlyas
0 Kudos