VMware Cloud Community
KocPawel
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

How to hide Custom Forms fields from clients

Hi,

I've just started working with Custom Forms and I've got a problem.

I created same new fields like "Request for" juz for information while filling request but now client can see such fields on details page on deployment.

How can I hide that from him?

pastedImage_0.png

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
stevedrummond
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

When you are editing your Custom Form, click on the component and on the right hand side Appearance -> Visibility -> No (Constant).

Of course you can make the visibility dynamic if required. If you have a number of fields that will never be visible it's best to put them all on a new page/tab and hide the entire page/tab so you don't have to set it for every field.

0 Kudos
KocPawel
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If I do Appearance -> Visibility -> No (Constant). fields won't be visible on the request form. It is not a case.

I want to show them (ex. text fields) on the request form and then hide them on details form on deployments.

0 Kudos
stevedrummond
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Sorry I didn't properly read your question and missed the bit about the Deployment page.

I'll have a play and see if I can figure a way, though given how the product has always handled hidden fields in XaaS I wouldn't hold my breath.

0 Kudos
KocPawel
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I appreciate any help Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
hoon0715
Contributor
Contributor

I'm so sorry, but this is just an personal question, what is the Monitor tab that you see in the screen shot? I don't see that tab. Only Component and History are visible.

0 Kudos
KocPawel
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

There are metrics from vROPS (Operations Manager).

I have configured matric provider to get metrocs from vROPS. This tab is probably conected with that.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos