VMware Communities
EmmitTruth
Contributor
Contributor

Network Interface Issues... Fusion 11.5.1

The network adapter that should be bridged between the host & the guest is either not coming up on the guest machine or coming up as though it were assigned as a Share with my Mac adapter in Fusion Pro 11.5.1. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! It was working correctly until recently.  It is the "Ethernet adapter Ethernet 1 2" in the ipconfig snapshot included below.

Thanks

WIndows 10 VMWare Fusion Network Adapter.pngWindows IPConfig.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

I'm not sure whether I understand your question correctly, but the mentioned adapter looks like it's configured as "NAT", i.e. not "Bridged" in the VM's settings.

André

0 Kudos
EmmitTruth
Contributor
Contributor

Pardon the late reply & I appreciate your response. The issue is that I have selected "Bridged" in VMWare Fusion's VM network adapter's settings as shown in the snapshot but when I run ipconfig from the command line the adapter that should be "Bridged" receiving an ip address from the 192.168.2.0 network isn't connecting & the adapter is being assigned an ip address in the "NAT" network ip address range as shown in the ipconfig snapshot. In fact VMWare Fusion's settings are not aligning within any of the VMs in any of my recent projects & it has been corrupted in the older ones. Any assistance with will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

That's indeed unusual. Can you please run ipconfig /all to see some more details about the assigned addresses, like DHCP server, lease times, ...?

André

0 Kudos