2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2020 1:52 AM by WJPConway

vRO Workflow to Place vCD vAPP VM's in a DRS Affinity Rule

WJPConway Novice

First of all apologies I am not a coder am an infrastructure guy so expect some stupidity below

I have a vro workflow that creates multiple vAPPs from a specified template.

All this is working fine for me

But now need to add a new step where it will create 2 DRS Affinity Rules an assign all the VMs to one of the rules based on a fairly simple pattern.

The rules will be

Rule-A and Rule-B

The VMs that will go into RuleA have Random names but the names will not contain 'VM-B-' - and the VMs that will go into RuleB will all have VM names that begin with 'VM-B-' then random characters.

So far I have

input is the vapp variable vapp

var vms = System.getModule("com.vmware.library.vCloud.vApp").getVmsFromVApp(vapp) ;

for each (var vm in vms) {

if (vm.Name ='VM-B-'*){   //note sure is this the right syntax for like

System.log (vm.Name+' Should go into Rule-B')

//add vm.Name to array of VMs - B

}else{

System.log (vm.Name+' Should go into Rule-A')

//add vm.Name to array of VMs - A

}

//Create DRS Affinity Rule A with array of vms A

var rulea = System.getModule("com.vmware.library.vCloud.schema.objects").createVmAffinityRule(isEnabledArg,isMandatoryArg,'rulea',operationKeyArg,polarityArg,scopeArg,vmReferencesArg) ;

//Create DRS Affinity Rule B with array of vms B

var ruleb= System.getModule("com.vmware.library.vCloud.schema.objects").createVmAffinityRule(isEnabledArg,isMandatoryArg,'ruleb',operationKeyArg,polarityArg,scopeArg,vmReferencesArg) ;

1) When creating the rule - how do i plug in the standard values the only variables should be the names  - to create the syntax seems to be

System.getModule("com.vmware.library.vCloud.schema.objects").createVmAffinityRule(isEnabledArg,isMandatoryArg,'rulea',operationKeyArg,polarityArg,scopeArg,vmReferencesArg) ;

Can I just plug in boolen values directly like below (where can I get exactly what they are looking for here)

System.getModule("com.vmware.library.vCloud.schema.objects").createVmAffinityRule('1','1','rulea',operationKeyArg,'Affinity',scopeArg,vmReferencesArg) ;

2) Is vmReferenceArg an array of vms -