VMware Cloud Community
cru306
Contributor
Contributor

During the DRS Fully automated state getting multiple alert in vCenter 6.5

During the DRS Fully automated state getting following alert on vSAN enabled vCenter 6.5

VM power on operation failed

1. The Name "VM  Name" already exists

2. The attempted operation cannot be performed 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Same environment as your other thread?

vSphere 6.5 U1 host are not communicating with vSAN 6.61 enabled vCenter

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
cru306
Contributor
Contributor

Yes ..!

0 Kudos
cru306
Contributor
Contributor

This is the event on the vSAN datastore

Failed to migrate the virtual machine for reasons described in the event message

The virtual machine did not migrate This condition can occur if vmotion IPS are not configured the source and destination hosts not accessible, and so on.
Action Check the reason in the event message to fine the case of the failure. Ensure that the vMotion IPs are configured on source and destination host the host accessible, and so on.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

In which case I would suggest the 2 "problems" are related, and suggest you post everything into a single thread rather than have 2 separate threads.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
cru306
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I understood but problems are deferent that is the reason I created the two.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I suspect the root cause of your errors will be the same.

0 Kudos
cru306
Contributor
Contributor

seems yes,

I am getting ramdiks full alert on the one the ESXi 6.5 host and referring following two link also can you please check and help me on this

https://tekbloq.com/2019/10/06/the-file-table-of-the-ramdisk-root-is-full-as-a-result-the-file-varru...

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2057975 - ESXi RAM disk full due to a locked virtual machine log file (2057975

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I see you also created a separate thread in the vSAN area: vSAN Cluster hosts not communicating with vCenter 6.5

I strongly suggest consolidating all the information and errors into a single thread.

0 Kudos