VMware Cloud Community
JeffPascone
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Upgrade License

Hi, we currently have a vSphere Essentials Plus Kit up for renewal. I was seeing what the best upgrade route (if one exists) to a license which includes DRS functionality. Is the only option to upgrade the entire license to Enterprise Plus or is there a less expensive option?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I would guess at the Acceleration Kit, but honestly don't know.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Did you find this helpful? Let us know by completing this survey (takes 1 minute!)"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You need Enterprise Plus, although there's still a kit if 6 CPUs and 1 vCenter Standard will do you.

See page 8: https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/products/vsphere/vmware-vsphere-vs...

I have no idea if there's an "upgrade" SKU from your current kit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
JeffPascone
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your response. So I can either upgrade vSphere to Enterprise plus OR I can upgrade my vSphere Essentials kit to a vSphere Acceleration Enterprise Plus kit? If this is the case what would be the most economical?

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I would guess at the Acceleration Kit, but honestly don't know.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Did you find this helpful? Let us know by completing this survey (takes 1 minute!)"

0 Kudos