4 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2020 5:40 AM by WhiteKnight

Focus inadvertently changed to host - please register sound event

WhiteKnight Hot Shot

I'm working rather keyboard centered, i.e. I'm using keyboard shortcuts whenever I can. Moreover, I'm working in Fullscreen mode most of the time.

Sometimes, by accident, a VM loses focus and focus is given to the host inadvertently. This probably happens when the mouse pointer moves near the VMware Workstation toolbar when I release the mouse and put my hand on the keyboard.

When this happens, I, for instance, inadvertently open File Explorer on the host instead of the guest or shut down the host instead of the VM. I tend to believe this is a serious issue, because sometimes unsaved work is lost.

VMware: Can you please register two sound events with Windows on the host OS for accessibility reasons:

1. One that's triggered by VMware Workstation when focus switches from guest OS to host OS.
      2. One that's triggered by VMware Workstation when focus switches from host OS to guest OS.

Sound Events.png

There's no need to preset these sound events with a sound. Me and other interested users can assign some appropriate sounds ourselves.

Here's how it's done:

Creating Your Own Sound Alerts