VMware Cloud Community
BenderTheGreate
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Automate Import package from folder

In the vRO client UI, I can click the following button to import a package that was expanded to a folder on my local filesystem:

"Import package from folder" button

I know about the POST https://{address}:{port}/vco/api/packages endpoint but this requires a binary package. Is there any possible way, even without use of the REST API, to automate the import of a package from folder? Perhaps a tool on the appliance that can do this if no REST method is available?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes, there is such command-line tool known as vco-cli, available in the vRO appliance as a JAR file named vco-cli-java-<version>.jar somewhere under /usr/lib/vco/downloads/vco-repo/ folder.

Run it without parameters (java -jar /path/to/vco-cli-java-<version>.jar) to list all of the supported commands / parameters.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes, there is such command-line tool known as vco-cli, available in the vRO appliance as a JAR file named vco-cli-java-<version>.jar somewhere under /usr/lib/vco/downloads/vco-repo/ folder.

Run it without parameters (java -jar /path/to/vco-cli-java-<version>.jar) to list all of the supported commands / parameters.

0 Kudos
BenderTheGreate
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'll definitely check that vco-cli command out. Will that work from outside of the appliance or does it need to be run from within it?

0 Kudos
BenderTheGreate
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I assume the correct command (connection parameters omitted) would be:

java -jar vco-cli-java-<vco-version>.jar di C:\Path\To\Package\Export\Directory

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Something like that, plus options to specify host/port and credentials to the vRO system to connect to.

On your previous question - it can be used/run outside of vRO appliance, and will connect remotely to the vRO system using provided host/port/user name/password. One limitation is that you should use this tool to work with vRO systems with same version. That is, if you got the jar file from vRO 7.6 appliances, you'll be able to connect to other 7.6 appliances, but not to eg. 7.5 appliances.

0 Kudos
BenderTheGreate
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yeah, that's what I meant by "connection parameters removed". I assumed I'd need to provide that as well. Thanks!

0 Kudos