8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2020 9:50 AM by Antonopoulos

How to deliver apps to "Hub Registered" iOS devices (formerly Container)?

JacquesPerrolle Novice

I wrote this on 1/31/20... so this isn't something migrated.  On-Prem, v1909.

I'm in the process of testing out the whole container migration and it works just fine for iOS users that already have Container. However, enrolling NEW users with the whole concept of Hub Registered mode isn't going quite as well. I enrolled a test user with Hub into WS1 and basically followed the same process we used to use for Container users. The device landed in the Container OG and is in Hub Registered mode and marked as Employee Owned, all of that is cool. My problem is... I can't seem to deliver apps to the device.

Inside Hub, there's no App Catalog shortcut.

No Catalog shortcut gets delivered with the Hub app at enrollment (neither does the Privacy shortcut now that I think about it)

Assigning VPP apps and making them Automatic never delivers the apps or alerts the user

Assigning Public apps and making them Automatic never delivers the apps or alerts the user

Assigning VPP or Public apps and making them On Demand doesn't do anything since there's no App Catalog.

I can't get to the  App Catalog through Safari.

Anyone else done this successfully?