VegardAarseth
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Publishing books to ipads without an AppleID

Hi.

This is what I've done so far:
Ordered a free book using VPP.
Assigned the book to a device.
Added a web clip to list and download the book (https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workspace-ONE-UEM/1907/WS1_Books_Management_Doc.pdf).
But when I click ' install'  on the book, I get a message telling me that I need to register with Apple's Volume Purchase Program, for managed distribution of apps purchased by your organization. Select the Accept Invite button below to complete the process. Once completed, you can come back to the AirWatch Catalog and install the app.

It then tries to open a link to iTunes, which fails.

Do I need a managed AppleID from ASM for this to work?

-Vegard
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MikkiLoder
Contributor
Contributor

Unless you have the complete book file and add to your environment for distribution by selecting Books-> List-> Internal I don't see the method above working for you.  Do you have your workspace one environment configured for the VPP Managed Distribution under Settings-> Devices and Users -> Apple-> VPP Managed Distribution?  Do you have an apple business manager account? Do you have your apple business manager account set up for your workspace one environment?  Under the Apple Business Manager Account have you set up Content for apps and books and Custom Applications? Here you select the book you purchased, # of Licences and assign it to your WorkSpace one environment for distribution .  When you sync the purchases  under Workspace one you will see the order and number of licences available under  Apps &Books -> Books -> List view -> Purchased.  From here you would add your assignments by selecting the book and assigning.  Or you could choose the redemption code method  under Apple Business Manager and download the csv file then upload into your environment. This is the only reliable method I have used.   
0 Kudos
VegardAarseth
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ASM and VPP are configured. I've assigned the book to a device, but I can't download the book on the device. I think I need and AppleID on the device for it to work. The problem is that I don't want to use AppleIDs on the devices...
0 Kudos
bert2
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever figure this out? I am running into a similar situation. I was under the impression if it was present in VPP, it wouldn't require a sign in.

0 Kudos
ChristianBermud
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos