VMware Workspace ONE Community
MarioJuarez
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Confirmation e-mail for Auto-Discovery not sent

Hello, I'm trying to configure Auto-Discovery from Settings->Devices &Users->General->Enrollment, I put the email domain and a valid email account but nothing is sent. I have tried it several times, I can receive emails from VMware (i reset MyVMware account with no problem), i have also checked in the spam but still no confirmation email goes thru.

Any advice?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
J4yJ4y
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Did you , by accident, enable SMTP relay in the Cloud Connector (Advanced) Settings?

View solution in original post

11 Replies
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I suppose you only have one AirWatch environment? If so, then this is a bit odd.
0 Kudos
MarioJuarez
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes it's the only one AirWatch environment.
0 Kudos
J4yJ4y
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Did you , by accident, enable SMTP relay in the Cloud Connector (Advanced) Settings?

MarioJuarez
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Johan, that was exactly it. I disabled the SMTP relay in the Cloud Connector and mail messaging worked again.
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Johan, does disabling SMTP relay in the Cloud Connector only apply to on-premises customer? I'm a SaaS customer and have no issue with auto discovery when SMTP relay is enabled in ACC.
0 Kudos
J4yJ4y
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Thomas,
the topic starter had problem with receiving the confirmation email when adding a domain for autodiscovery.
Do you receive the confirmation email when SMTP relay is enabled for the Cloud Connector, when running on SaaS ?
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi Johan,

Yes.

Best,

Tom
0 Kudos
J4yJ4y
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Thomas ,

I rechecked.....
After I enable the SMTP relay in the Cloud Connector advanced section, the email for the auto discovery confirmation don't arrive.

Another way to check this is in the Console / Settings / System / Enterprise integration / Email(SMTP) section.
The SMTP server address configured there is, in my case, internalrelay.de02.global.saas.
This section has a test Connection option.
When I enable SMTP relay on the Cloud Connector the Connection Test fails, meaning the Cloud Connector cannot resolve/reach internalrelay.de02.global.saas.
When I disable SMTP relay on the Cloud Connector the Connection Test succeeds, meaning the Console server can reach the SMTP server.
This is an obvious outcome as internalrelay.de02.global.saas does not exist on my LAN nor on a public network, and does exist in the VMware cloud network where the Console server is located.

What is the server URL for the SMTP server in your Settings/System/Enterprise integration/ Email(SMTP) section?

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi Johan,

My Email (SMTP) points to our internal server (hostname.domain.com).
0 Kudos
J4yJ4y
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Thomas,

Does the connection test in Console / Settings / System / Enterprise integration / Email(SMTP) succeed,  with SMTP Relay disabled in the Cloud Connector Advanced setting?
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

If you recall, I have SMTP (Email Relay) enabled within my dedicated SaaS in two different environments. For some reason since the past Monday, enrollment token email stopped getting sent from my production environment. My test/UAT environment was not affected.

Given that both environments are running the same console version (i.e. 1907), we examined further and found that the patch level in our production environment is newer than our test/UAT environment. VMware support also confirmed this issue on newer console version, but we are the first to report this on older console version. So much fun!
0 Kudos