VMware Workspace ONE Community
AdiNugrahaTjand
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

cannot open tunnel configuration page after upgrade 1907 patch 5

Hello,

I've recently upgraded an on premise installation from 1903.4 to 1907.2 , after the upgrade the VMware tunnel configuration page have been inaccessible where the parent OG (tunnel is not configured) I can still see the configuration page, on the Child OG where tunnel is configured it keeps giving ' An error has occured'  and right now the vpn profiles won't push to the device

and today tried updating the patch again and it's now at 1907.5 and still seeing the same problem any suggestions ? other than rolling back the upgrade
Labels (1)
42 Replies
RupertD
Contributor
Contributor

hello,

I have the same problem. Is there a solution available?
0 Kudos
DanielDziwoki
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,
after updating to 19.07.05 we have the same problem when trying to push vpn profiles. Are there any solutions yet?

0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Does your API server work properly and talk to you console (and possibly admin browser), the tunnel page seems to be API based now from looking at the loading pages
0 Kudos
AdiNugrahaTjand
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

my API and console server are in the same server, and the configuration page will open when I open the tunnel configuration on a different OG where tunnel is not configured, though I can't save it
0 Kudos
AdiNugrahaTjand
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Updated to 19.7.0.10 and still the same results, anyone ?
0 Kudos
JoeBeaty
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

19.7.0.12 looks like it got released on 9/10.  Has anyone had a chance to try this out to see if it fixes the issue?  I'm looking at upgrading my system next Thursday to 1907 but don't want to if there is a known issue.

Patch Installer 19.7.0.12. Upgrade to 1907 Full Installer is required prior to applying this patch.
0 Kudos
AdiNugrahaTjand
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I updated to 19.7.0.12 and it's still the same error, the page will load after the upgrade just the one time and then it won't load again with same error
0 Kudos
JoeBeaty
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That is unfortunate....Just so I'm clear, it is the screen at ' All Settings | System | Enterprise Integration | VMWare Tunnel | Configuration'  and VPN profiles are not deploying to newly enrolled devices even though it was already configured prior to the upgrade?

I ask because I have it configured at my top level OG and it is inheritited at the lower level OGs.

0 Kudos
AdiNugrahaTjand
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

yes, that's the same issue with what i have
0 Kudos
ZHEREBYATEVVLAD
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. After updating to 19.7.0.12 VPN profile is not installed on new devices (iOS and Android) ....
0 Kudos
Vestengen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We do also have this issue, but not in lab environment (where DNS not contains ' vpn' . We're running 19.7.0.13 I found this in the changelog for 1907 https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workspace-ONE-UEM/1907/rn/VMware-Workspace-ONE-UEM-Release-Notes-1... PPAT-5454: Proxy whitelist check fails if the console hostname string contains ' VPN' . Is this really fixed. Our server DNS name contains ' VPN' .

I have a support ticket, but it's slower response than usually.

0 Kudos
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

My environment is on-premise 19.7.0.13 and an iPad running iPadOS 13.1 is getting the VPN profile we push to the device for the global proxy. This is different than the VPN profiles you are having trouble with so I tested just to be sure. We recently turned off our old legacy VMware Tunnel Proxy since we are not using Content Gateway for Web, Content Locker, or Per-App Tunnel-enabled apps so have not tried to configure the newer method for tunnel:  ' All Settings | System | Enterprise Integration | VMWare Tunnel | Configuration' , which takes a long time to load but is not configured. All of our student devices get this VPN profile to configure them to connect through our global proxy so it was important for us to see that it is still working on iPadOS 13.1.
0 Kudos
Vestengen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Seems like our loadbalancer is giving us timeout when pushing vpn profile. In our test environment we have now configured the Host file on Console/API server (the same server) to use local IP rather than going through the loadbalancer. After that we can now push vpn profiles again. Just waiting for the change to go in production now.
0 Kudos
DanielDziwoki
Contributor
Contributor

Our problem was solved yesterday. It was located in the Site URLs section. It seems, that 19.07 ignores the Site Urls which are configured in specified Organisation Groups and uses the Settings located in global. After we changed the Site URLs in Globale an restarted IIS the VPN Profiles can be pushed again.
0 Kudos
JoeBeaty
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It looks like this we released on 10/7 and looks an awful lot like the issue you guys are seeing. Has support reached out to anyone here saying this would fix the tunnel issue?

URGENT-1706 - Custom Agnostic patch resolving crashing UEM Console Tunnel page -SINST-175378

I'm planning on upgrading to 1907 including patch installer 18. Wonder if the fix is included in the patch installer since it was released on 10/8...one day after the fix.

UPDATE: Looking at the text file in the patch installer, it doesn't look like it includes the 1706

0 Kudos
AdiNugrahaTjand
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Joe B,

where can I find the KB for

URGENT-1706 - Custom Agnostic patch resolving crashing UEM Console Tunnel page -SINST-175378

I patched my servers to 19.7.18 and it's still the same error, since this is a single server the global site urls are the same as the child OG, tried saving the site url config on global OG but still the same issue , No LB used as well

just to add I can actually open an unconfigured tunnel page, but when I try to save it it gives the same error
0 Kudos
JoeBeaty
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Adi,
In the ' my workspace one'  portal, click on the menu in the upper left, select Software - Console.  Search ' 1907'  and it should show up there.

There is the direct link:
https://resources.workspaceone.com/view/24h5ntvwjhy7dplq7lr8/en

Really hope I don't run into the same issues as support has assured me that this is occurring to a small number of customers.
0 Kudos
Mario_Giese
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Same problem here, tunnel page is working but vpn profiles do not apply on devices after update from 1903 to 1907.0.18.
Agnostic Patch is not possible, in the appsettings.json you should delete ' Usage:...'  from the TunnelDB Connection String. In my appsettings.json there is only an encrypted text at this position. The SQL script in the patch only seems to change the version information to 19.7.0.15.
API Urls directing to Consoleserver (on Global and all OGs).

Update: it seems that the api urls have to be the device service server. After that it works with the profiles

0 Kudos
ZHEREBYATEVVLAD
Contributor
Contributor

Good afternoon. Good news. Yesterday, we fixed the problem with the VPN profile. Now the profile is opened and downloaded to the devices ().
The problem was in the certificate on the device server. Technical support will help you solve this problem.
0 Kudos