VMware Workspace ONE Community
ngjrjeff
Contributor
Contributor

Supervised enrollment

Any way to allow enrollment for supervised iphone only?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This is a great question. I know you can Restrict Enrollment To Known Users/Groups. I'm curious to find out as well. I thought a workaround might be compliance policy but I can't find anything relevant to this either.
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

There is no check box way to do it. But you could assign all devices to DEPas you order them. Then you could use registered only (token or pre-registered). The DEP devices ignore enrollment restrictions. And because you've turned off open-enrollment, the only devices that will be in the system are supervised.
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Excellent suggestion Luke! I didn't think of the option under ' Devices Enrollment Mode'  as I do have both BYOD and COBE devices. So many lingo!

0 Kudos
ABPujari
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Luke & Thomas !

How about having a sub OG dedicated to DEP and have all restrictions or compliance applied to the OG and make sure you add the devices to DEP portal and have them sync'd to the OG you dedicated....as Luke said there is no check box way to do it
0 Kudos
RADP
Contributor
Contributor

Another option could be the way we do. Change enrollment to ' registered devices only'  all DEP devices will be automaticly whitelisted and all other will have to be whitelisted to be able to enroll.
0 Kudos
MarcoPieyro
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone - I'm looking at you Luke - confirm two things: a) that ABM/DEP devices still ignore enrollment restrictions (is that in the documentation anywhere?) and b) what impact if any limiting enrollment to known users has on the Windows 10 platform if the devices are not added prior to a devices attempted enrollment. That is will Win10 devices be affected by known device limitation as equally as iOS?
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

Yes it’s still ignored. The agent/hub is what is what works with the restrictions during enrollment. Since dep is agentless, no restrictions are in place. I would assume windows 10 would be subject to restrictions if using the hub/agent for enrollment. Haven’t verified but the logic seems sound to me. Hope doing well my friend.

0 Kudos