VMware Workspace ONE Community
MaximeLELEU
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

no longer possible to force the update of the ios

Hello,
I am currently in version 9.7.0.9, all my terminals are dep and supervised,
Previously I managed to force the update of the IOS from the console.
more actions => update of 'lOS
For some time this manipulation just tells me a pop up on the terminal telling me that it was going to update in 2:00 and 5:00.
Previously when I started the manipulation again, the terminal was updated,
but not anymore.
Do you have a solution ? I have a lot of terminals that I want to update
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

From my previous testing and in my set up, users will get prompted when update is about to install. However, user will need to enter passcode before update will begin. I suppose update will be installed automatically if there's no passcode set on the device. Is that how you have set up your device?
0 Kudos
MaximeLELEU
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No, my users must enter a pin to unlock the terminal. it is an obligation of our service.
But before that work.
The manipulation asked a first time to unlock the terminal and we could click on ' later'  but by doing the manipulation again, we see the apple appear and thus force the update.

It is this behavior that I will wish to find again
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When you say manipulation, do you mean executing the iOS update command again from the WS1 console?
Maybe I should try it also now that I'm on 9.7.0.9 as well. I already feel we are behind with new release 2018.10.
0 Kudos
MaximeLELEU
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, actually, when you started the manipulation 2 times from the console, it forced the update of the IOS without the user can approve.
0 Kudos
MaximeLELEU
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Does anyone have a solution?
0 Kudos
MaximeLELEU
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Nobody ?
0 Kudos