VMware Workspace ONE Community
Fab234343
Contributor
Contributor

AWSDK - Xcode 10 Cannot be imported by Swift 4.2 or 4

I cannot excecute the SDK, I have this error message:
' Module compiled with Swift 4.1.2 cannot be imported by the Swift 4.2 compiler'

Do we have an update for this?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
lucaschenaw
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello Fabian,
The Swift SDK currently does not support XCode 10, but we will be adding the support in a release close to the end of the month. We are planning to launch a beta of the Swift SDK with XCode 10 support in about 2 weeks timeframe. Let me know if that's something you'd be interested in participating in.
Thanks,
Lucas
0 Kudos
KK227
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Lucas,
We are also facing the same issue is there any planned date for beta release?
0 Kudos
lucaschenaw
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Karthik & Fabian,
An update: We won't be able to complete our necessary basic testing in time to conduct a beta without delaying our GA release. Instead, our plan will be to go straight to GA at the end of the month.
Thanks,
Lucas
0 Kudos
KK227
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Lucas,
Is xcode 10 support SDK is released? We were not able to see any new iOS SDK in resources. Can you please share an update on this?
0 Kudos
lucaschenaw
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Karthik,
We needed a couple additional days to complete our testing on the SDK. I expect it should be made available today or tomorrow.
Thanks,
Lucas
0 Kudos
lucaschenaw
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

iOS SDK 18.10 with Xcode 10 support has been released. https://my.workspaceone.com/products/Workspace-ONE-SDK/iOS/v18.10/awall

EDIT: The link has been updated.

0 Kudos
jafullersr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I just downloaded this build 18.10 and it has the same error noted at the beginning of this post.

Also, the Product Guides link on the URL you reference is broken: https://docs-preprod.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workspace-ONE-UEM/services/VMware-Workspace-ONE-SDK-for-iO...

0 Kudos
lucaschenaw
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hey James,
Try this link: https://my.workspaceone.com/products/Workspace-ONE-SDK, I'll edit my original post.
Let me consult a few others internally to see what could be happening regarding the Xcode issue.
Thanks,
Lucas
0 Kudos
lucaschenaw
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

One quick follow-up question: Can you confirm if you're using Xcode 10 or Xcode 10.1?
0 Kudos
jafullersr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,
I am using Version 10.0 (10A255).  I can try 10.1 if you like.  I've tried this on High Sierra and Mojave.
0 Kudos
jafullersr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have downloaded the SDK again and still have the same issue.
import AWSDK ! Module compiled with Swift 4.1.2 cannot be imported by the Swift 4.2 compiler
0 Kudos
lucaschenaw
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thanks for the info, James. We will be discussing with this info in mind. Please stay tuned.
0 Kudos
lucaschenaw
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi all,
We ran some tests on our end and we were able to compile with Xcode 10 successfully. How did you guys run your tests? Was it through the included sample app?
We noticed an issue where the sample app included in the 18.10 release was still pointing to the Xcode 9.4 framework included in the DMG, but once we swapped those files out with ones included in the Xcode 10 folder of the dmg, we were able to compile successfully. Can you guys run a quick sanity check and see if this resolves your issue?
Thanks,
Lucas
0 Kudos
jafullersr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This worked.  Thanks Lucas!
0 Kudos
zambono
Contributor
Contributor

Lucas, same situation Xcode 11.4.  Any updates?

0 Kudos