VMware Workspace ONE Community
ThomasOpzondek
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware Tunnel always automatically opens apple.com

Hello, we have a Problem with the VMWare Tunnel. Currently we are still using the AW Tunnel and have to change to the VMWare Tunnel due to iOS 12.
We installed the VMware tunnel and install the new VMWare Tunnel profile. When we start the app, the app will automatically switch to Safari and open the URL www.apple.com.
For a short moment you can see tha the app says ' no internet' .
It doesn't matter if we are connected to the wlan or the mobile data network.

We have already tried the following:
1) Uninstall AWTunnel VPN-Profile. Installing VMWare Tunnel and the VMWare VPN-Profile
2) Uninstall AW Tunnel + AWTunnel VPN-Profile and then install the VMWare Tunnel + VWMare VPN-Profile
3) Delete the VMWare Tunnel APP from the purchased apps and resync the app. Delete the VMWare Tunnel VPN-Profile and recreate it.
4) Reenrollment the device The result is always the same, the app opens apple.com and says ' No Internet' .

The AWTunnel always works.
Our environment:
AirWatch 9.5.0.6 VMWare
UAG 3.3.0.0 Relay-Endpoint

Does anyone have an idea or a similar problem?

Best regards Thomas

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thomas, within the app assignment, try un-checking the box or disabling ' Use VPN'  in the app configuration itself (not the profile).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
ThomasOpzondek
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,
VPN is enabled in the app configuration and the new VMWare VPN-Profile is deposited.
' Enable VMWare Tunnel'  is activated in the VPN-Profile.
I understand you correctly that I should not activate the checkbox ' Enable VMWare Tunnel' ?
Best regards
Thomas
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thomas, is it an internal app? So upon launching it, it will open Safari and go to www.apple.com?
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

So this happens when you open the VMware tunnel app? You keep saying ' the app'  but what is ' the app' ? This is not clear here.
0 Kudos
ThomasOpzondek
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,
Sorry if I have not expressed myself clearly. it is the vmware app itself and the app is assigned via the vpp.
When I launch the VMWare Tunnel app it opens apple.com in the safari browser.
Beste regards
Thomas

0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thomas, within the app assignment, try un-checking the box or disabling ' Use VPN'  in the app configuration itself (not the profile).

0 Kudos
ThomasOpzondek
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,
I am one step further.
- I removed the SDK profile from the app
- I deleted the VPN profile and copied the old profile and activated the ' VMWare tunnel' , because new VPN profiles do not work.
- I have as Thomas said, ' Use VPN'  disabled in the App VMWare Tunnel assignment.
One or all of these changes worked.
Now I have another problem :-). The tunnel does not start automatically for apps already deployed through vpp. I have already adapted the new VPN profile in the apps.
Newly imported apps start the tunnel automatically.

I'm starting to go crazy 🙂
Best regards
Thomas
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Can you try re-installing the apps that are already deployed through VPP and see if the tunnel starts automatically?
0 Kudos
ThomasOpzondek
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Everything works. it seems to have been due to the app I tested with. It took a moment for the tunnel to start.
Thank you for your help. I think Thomas's contribution of 15 October was the solution.
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Glad everything works out Thomas O.!
0 Kudos
DavidWarland
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Great post, just had to go through this with a customer whose VM Tunnel app and setup had been working for sometime.

Any idea when & why this changed?
0 Kudos