VMware Workspace ONE Community
DanielWarrenDan
Contributor
Contributor

Disable TLS 1.0 on SEG Relay

We are attempting to disable TLS 1.0 on our SEG relay box in our airwatch environment.
No specific documentation that we can find, when we use the IIS crypto tool to disable; e-mail & content stop working.
Several hours with Airwatch support that don't seem to know what they're doing or how TLS works. Does anyone have any experience around this?
Labels (1)
12 Replies
ANDREWSPENCE
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also looking to disable TLS 1.0 but across my entire AW environment.
Any info would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
DavidGoehner
Contributor
Contributor

I could be mistaken, but I believe TLS 1.0 is required on the SEG, at least on 9.2.3.
0 Kudos
DanielWarrenDan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi David, Do you know of a way of getting this confirmed? A colleague of mine has wasted countless hours on frustrating support calls, so if this was to be the case and not one of their support engineers were aware of this it will be extremely upsetting.
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am interested as well as I don't ever recall seeing such option being available within the web console or the SEG console.
Did anyone escalate the case to subject matter expert at AirWatch/Workspace ONE?
0 Kudos
ANDREWSPENCE
Contributor
Contributor

I spoke to AW Support about this back in February 2018, I tried enabling TLS 1.2 and disabling TLS 1.0/1.1 but couldn't ever get it working.

I used the following article: https://support.workspaceone.com/articles/115001666088

And raised a support request as the SEG information was missing, I got the following back from support:

The default TLS settings can be overridden for each AirWatch application and service by updating each configuration file to explicitly indicate the use of a particular setting: The file path on the SEG server is ../AirWatch/AirWatch x.x/AW.Eas.Web.Listener/web.config In the configuration file, add a new entry to the section as follows:

0 Kudos
ANDREWSPENCE
Contributor
Contributor

For TLS 1.2 only:
' <add key=”OutboundTlsProtocols” value=”Tls12” />'

For TLS 1.0, 1.2:
' <add key=”OutboundTlsProtocols” value=”Tls, Tls12” />'

For TLS 1.0, 1.1, 1.2:
' <add key=”OutboundTlsProtocols” value=”Tls, Tls11, Tls12” />'

I had to put quotes in to display the commands. Ignore the first and last quotes.

0 Kudos
PaulReganPaulRe
Contributor
Contributor

To close this off.  As it's taken support over a month to get to this conclusion; so if i can save anyone else the pain and frustration of dealing with them then some good will have come from this.
1. Content locker : Disable using IISCrypto AND add  to the Airwatch or AirwatchEnterpriseIntegrationContent or web.config
2. SEG : V1 doesn't support anything >TLS1.0!  NB//IF you have SEG V1 and Content on the same server, which apparently is not recommended, but is the way VMWare PS built it for us then mail will break.
SEG V2 is required for TLS1.2
0 Kudos
DavidWuDavidWu1
Contributor
Contributor

Have anyone successfully disabled TLS 1.0 and 1.1 on Mag, Seg servers? just use TLS 1.2?

0 Kudos
anonymousmigrat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

' The file path on the SEG server is ../AirWatch/AirWatch x.x/AW.Eas.Web.Listener/web.config In the configuration file'

My SEG server installs do not appeat to have this path. Is anybody able to assist in letting me know where I can tell my SEG to use TLS1.2?
0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It is not a terribly helpful solution but seg v2 drops tls 1.0 and just supports 1.1 and 1.2
0 Kudos
anonymousmigrat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

so on in our SEG server logs in the app.log file we see a line saying server chose TLSv1 which is odd if SEG v2 drops support for it.

We are using SEG v2
The SEG installer I have used is 2.9
0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you used to run classic?  It re-uses the log spot for v2 when I run a scan on my seg v2 it does not support tls 1.0
0 Kudos